Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall harvest

Still picking gorgeous dahlias and beautiful colored caladium leaves for indoors.  Also picked 2 figs today -mmm delicious.  There are still a few peppers ripening.  I tried the new sweet pepper Merlot in my 'alcoholic' garden -all the plants have the name of alcohol!!: Caladium brandywine, Viburnum Brandywine, Atropurpurea Burgundy Glow, Deutzia, Chardonnay Pearl, Colocasia Mojita among many others.  I also have a white garden, an Asian garden, a South Carolina Garden, a rock garden and so on.  Having fun with the garden means spending more time there and it is amazing how other people help you look for plants or suggest them, or even pass along plants that they know will fit into a theme.  It is a great talking piece too for a party.

What ideas do you have for garden areas or themes?

3 comments:

  1. I have a family garden. A Janet rose, Charlie's White Peony, Rebecca Clematis, Rachel Peony, and now I need to get an Alexander the Great daylily for our new son in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look out for one for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete