Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful gardening year too.

Here is a clump of my giant snowdrops they are so uplifting on a grey day and so brave to withstand the storms and the frost don't you think?

I tried to add a picture of the cheery yellow Narcissus Grand Soleil d'Or -a little beauty, especially so early.  It reminds us of the joys of gardening and the lift to our spirits when we see the early growth or new blooms.  Anyway, the photo keeps turning sideways on me -how do I turn a picture selected for the blog?  Can anyone help me with that?  It is the right way up in my computer files!!

I planted a bunch of the exquisite miniature tulips in the fairy garden together with the mini iris reticulata, so I am looking forward to a fabulous display in that corner of the garden early this spring.

Anyway, it is not too late to plant spring bulbs they will just bloom a little later.  Daffodils especially, will still be fine, I aim to spend time this coming weekend planting more lovely bulbs.  We still have a selection available at the warehouse in Greenwood SC   We also have a few double Amaryllis Blossom Peacock and some paperwhite Narcissus for sale.

Let us know if you still need anything.  Also if you would like a copy of our new spring catalog call us at Marlboro Bulb Company on 1-800-999-0567 or email info@marlborobulb.com We would love to hear from you and share any or your gardening stories.

3 comments:

  1. I use PhotoShop to turn my photos upright before posting but do not know how in Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geri -it seems to be the blog that turns this picture though as it is correct on my computer -odd!

      Delete